We are re-opening from Friday 21st May 2021.
We are looking forward to welcoming back customers new and old.
While we are excited to be able to welcome you all back we have had to change a few things to comply with the new regulations. We ask that you please be patient and kind with us and each other while we are finding our way and getting used to the new rules at the same time as you are. If something isn’t right please tell us and we will do our best to fix it.
When you arrive at the restaurant there will be a member of staff waiting to greet you and show you straight to your table. We will also need to take some basic information (name and telephone number from a member of each household) to assist with the NHS Test and Trace system. This will be taken at the table and stored for 21 days.
Following the government guidance:
- From Thursday 24th September 2020 face masks must be worn upon entering the building and only taken off once you are seated at your table to eat and drink.
- We can only cater for a maximum of 6 people from 2 separate households.
- You can have the table for upto 2 hours.
- Please use the hand sanitising stations located around the building regularly throughout your visit.
- Children need to be supervised and seated at the table for the duration of the meal.
- All service now has to be at the table, so once you are seated we will come to you to take orders and deliver drinks to you. We have unfortunately had to lose a few tables and you are not allowed to stand at the bar to drink.
Our traditional home cooked food is prepared by our original chef and proprietor Colin Sexton. Upon leaving school Colin trained at a local two star Michelin restaurant before returning to run his own kitchen.
We invite you to browse through our traditional menu whilst enjoying a drink from our fully licensed intimate bar.
Our bar serves a range of spirits, including a wider selection of gins and whiskeys, along with lagers and beers including the local Timothy Taylors Landlord.
The lunch menu contains our popular Roast Dinners which start from £9.95. Our evening menu offers a selection of meals ranging from 'light bites' to full meals.
The log burning stove featured in the restaurant adds warmth to the coldest of days enhancing the relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant.
Newsholme Manor is availble for:
- Lunch Parties
- Special Occassions
- Funeral Buffets
Traditional Roast Lunches
Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12 noon - 2pm
6.30pm - 8pm
Private Parties/Group Bookings
Tuesday - Saturday
We always advise people to book a table to avoid disappointment on the day
Subject to bookings in place and weather conditions the restaurant
may close early